Subscribe via RSS Feed

Clean House Mold from Your Home

[ 0 ] June 14, 2010 |

House Mold

House mold is a common problem in many homes. Bathrooms and basements are affected more often than other parts of the home. Generally, it might not be a big problem. You should always clean it away, but the situation might not be a threat to your health. However, that’s not always the case.

Mold removal is a good idea because mold can make some people sick. Sometimes people experience cold or flu-like symptoms. They can also have respiratory problems, asthma, rashes and sinus problems. Even worse, prolonged exposure to toxic black mold can cause lung bleeding and other serious conditions.


 
When the spores get into your lungs, they can cause all kinds of problems. The spores are invisible to the human eye, so you could breathe them in without knowing. Cleaning the home is the only solution.

The less you’re exposed the better. Some people are more likely to experience health problems following mold exposure. You may not be affected at all if you’re strong and healthy. The elderly, kids, pregnant women and people with allergies are more likely to be negatively affected.

Recognizing a Mold Problem

Usually, you can see the mold growing in your home. If round dark spots or stains start appearing in your home, you have a mold problem. You might see it on the walls, the floors or on fabrics in your home. Another clue is the smell. If you have an unexplained musty odor in your home, it’s probably caused by mold that’s hidden from sight. It can grow just about anywhere, so you’ll need to thoroughly search your home.

Organic material is a prime target. Items such as paper, wood, and dirt are often affected. Mold also grows on wet fabrics. That’s why you should always dry wet rugs as soon as possible.

You also shouldn’t let wet laundry sit around for days. If you do, you might get a nasty surprise when you’re ready to wash or dry the laundry. Plenty of clothes have been ruined this way.

It’s also very important to dry your home following a flood. The longer the area remains wet, the more likely a problem is to develop. Any kind of flood can lead to serious water damage mold.

A flood caused by bad weather, an overflowing sink, a stopped up toilet or leaky pipes are all sources of potential mold growth. Dry the area as soon as possible. You should also dry the walls, rugs, floors and anything else that got wet.

Watch out for peeling paint or sagging ceilings. These could be signs of a hidden leak. If you suspect a leak, find and repair it as soon as possible.

House Mold Removal

If a small area is affected, you can try to clean it on your own. Most people can easily clean house mold from their bathroom or kitchen. If a larger area is affected, you can hire a professional mold removal service. They’ll have the proper equipment to deal with the problem. Just make sure to check the credentials of any company you plan to hire.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Category: mold removal, Types of Mold

About Editor: The Mold Removal Review is a division of a U.S. Gulf Coast based consumer advocate information provider whose goal is to provide consumers with up to date information on high-demand goods and services related to mold removal. View author profile.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.