A mold inspector is a professional who is trained and licensed to identify mold problems in a home. Most of them are licensed by state agencies or by private organizations. Mold inspectors often work together with home inspectors. He may be a specialist who only does mold inspections full time.
Because of the potential health risks, it is important to keep your home is free from mold. You can often take care of this problem on your own. However, professional help is often needed. This is where an inspector can help.
Here are things that a mold inspector can do:
1. The inspector will come to your home and asses the situation. This includes a thorough visual inspection using a flashlight. If there is a visible mold problem, the inspector will be able to spot it and decide the best course of action. It may be necessary to look inside insulation or walls as well.
2. After locating the mold, the inspector should be able to determine what type of mold it is. He can then make recommendations about its removal or mediation. Normally, inspectors do not perform mold removal. They only inspect the home for problem areas. However, they may also offer removal if they are licensed to do so.
3. Inspectors can take samples of the air present in your home. They can do this by using sophisticated gears such as a machine that pumps air samples for spore count analysis.
4. He may also take swab samples and send them to a mold laboratory to determine if it is toxic or non-toxic.
5. Inspectors can also give you advice on ways to minimize dampness and moisture in your house to keep the mold from coming back.
Do You Need a Mold Inspector?
Mold inspectors are called in for different reasons. You might be in the market for a new home, and want an inspector to check the place before you buy it. There have been cases where people have purchased homes, only to end up with serious mold problems. If you’re selling your home, you might want an inspector to make sure everything is fine. You could also request an inspection if you suspect a family illness is caused by mold.
How to Find a Good Mold Inspector
Unfortunately, not all mold inspectors are the same. Although there are many certifications around, you should be able to determine if they are certified or not. You can check out the references from national organizations, like the American Indoor Air Quality Council. Check out the trade organization that they are involved in. Look for at least three different mold inspectors and find out what they have to offer. Choose the one with the most comprehensive knowledge and experience.
Your home is one of the most important investments in your life. You should make sure that it is protected from infestation. Most importantly, you should also protect the lives of your loved ones. Investing in hiring a mold inspector to address your mold problems is a worthwhile investment.
Category: Mold Inspection