Are you constantly blowing your nose, even when you don’t have a cold? It’s possible that you’re having an allergic reaction to toxic mold hidden in your home. The problem can drive you crazy, especially if you don’t know what’s happening. Even if you’re not having an allergic reaction, the growth can make your home look a mess. You should learn how to get rid of mold because it really will benefit your health.
You can’t win when it comes to mold. In the winter, the air in your home may become dry and infested with spores. This can lead to all sorts of problems, including allergies and asthma. On the other hand, if the air in your home is too moist it can actually cause more mold to grow. The only solution is to clean your home of the nuisance. Your bathroom is the first place to search for the culprit. If mold is there, you’ll certainly see it. Prime spots include around the bathtub, in the shower stall and on the shower curtain.
You can try over the counter sprays for cleaning the bathroom mold. These cleansers normally have ingredients that help remove, and prevent, the growth of mold. If you don’t want to buy anything special, you have a less expensive alternative. Get a spray bottle and fill it with one part vinegar to two parts water. Spray the infected areas with the mixture. Let the mixture soak into the mold for a few minutes, and then wipe it away with a cloth or sponge. Tough stains might require a second application. Once the bathroom is clean, you can occasionally clean with the mixture to prevent more growth. You should also keep the bathroom as dry as possible.
In addition to the bathroom, you also can check the kitchen and basement for mold growth. Mold loves moisture. It can lurk in kitchen cabinets or kitchen drawers. Sometimes the mold might remain hidden. In that case, a mold test might be required to see if any spores are present in the home. You should probably have a mold test done if you smell mold or are having unexplained allergy problems. You can buy a mold test kit to use at home or contact a mold removal company to handle the mold problem for you.
If the test indicates a mold problem, you can determine what to do next. Your options include having a professional company locate and remove the mold. This might be best, depending on the severity of the problem. Another option is to locate and remove the mold on your own. You must understand that it might not be as simple as cleaning a bathroom. The problem could lurk inside a wall or be hidden in the ceiling. Use your best judgment when deciding how to approach the situation.
Ultimately, you have to decide how to get rid of mold in your home. It doesn’t matter if you do it yourself or hire a professional mold removal service. The important thing is to get the job done.